Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Meandering

Saturday we started at the local farmers market. There were about 7-8 micro coffee growers with booths there since this is the center of Kona coffee. There are something like 700 growers in the area most with 1.5 to 11 acres in coffee. I tried them all and didn't think they were all that good though later in town I had a cup of Kona that was quite good. We stopped by one of the large growers and took a short coffee tour.




Then we visited an interesting little church...




...and a historical park.




Lizz and I did a bit of snorkeling and then back to the resort to soak in the hot tub and relax by the pool.

Sunday was a long day. Shopping and lazying about before heading home that evening. I'm now equipped with two Hawaiian Aloha shirts so I'm ready for any social or business occasion.

No comments: